Discuss the role of violence in film. Does violence in film encourage violence in the real world? Explain your answer.
Given interest of $1,632 with principal of $16,000 for 306 days (ordinary interest), results in a rate of
Leo Corporation pays its employees on a graduated commission scale of 6% on first $40,000 sales, 7% on sales above $40,000 to $80,000, and 9% on sales greater than $80,000. Bernie Kaminsky had sales of $105,000. His commission is
Given the following:
Average daily balance is:
The country of Blue needs $800,000 from property tax to meet its budget requirements. The total value of assessed property in Blue is $140,000,000. What is the tax rate of Blue in mills to nearest hundredth? (Be sure to round tax rate to nearest hundred thousandths before converting to mills.)
Lester Co. produces toys kites. It has a fixed cost of $62,150. If the selling price per unit is $9.50 and the variable cost per unit is $6.25. The breakeven point is
The total debt to total assets of Logan Company was .71. The total of Logan’s assets was $270,000. The amount of total debt is
Loretta Scholten buys nine bonds of Leo Co. 7 1/4 12 at 103.375. The commission is $3.00 per bond. The current yield to nearest tenth percent is
Assume the mean useful life of a particular light bulb is 2,000 hours and is normally distributed with a standard deviation of 300 hours. The useful life of light bulbs within two standard deviations of the mean is
The BP and Toyota cases concern companies that acted in ways that would clearly cause harm to the public and/or the planet. To do so, individuals at many levels played a part. If you worked in the marketing department of BP or Toyota, explain your department’s responsibility related to these issues. You must use the text and at least one additional scholarly source.
Describe ethical considerations with regard to marketing to children. When the marketers’ pitch includes a cause component, such as a breakfast cereal that promises to provide breakfasts to undernourished school children, explain whether this is ethical or unethical marketing. You must use the text and at least one additional scholarly source.
The Final Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments as well as the implications of new knowledge. The eight to ten-page paper should integrate readings and class discussions into work and life experience. It may include explanation and examples from previous experience as well as implications for future application.
Assuming the role of Marketing Manager, select a product that is sold in the United States and has sales opportunities in a foreign market. Apply your critical thinking skills and the knowledge you have acquired throughout this course and address the following in your Final Paper:
1. Describe the product by analyzing its customer value equation it offers in terms of the four utilities of customer value.
2. Explain how the marketing process will be applied to the promotion of the product you’ve selected. How would you develop, execute and measure a campaign for this product?
3. Applying your knowledge of the four p’s of the marketing mix, describe how you would apply the segmentation, targeting, and positioning (STP) approach to market the product, and how you might incorporate the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) philosophy into your marketing program.
4. Analyze and explain the major environmental factors and trends in those countries that might affect sales of the product?
5. Who are currently the largest customers of that product in the home market, and who would be its likely customers abroad?
6. Analyze the competition of the product category in the foreign market you’ve identified. Describe the nature of competition in that product category.
7. Describe the U.S. and international ethical marketing considerations.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly references beyond the course text.